UI/UX Design Engineer (mid and senior level positions)
We have a confidential client that is looking for a UI/UX Designer (mid and senior level positions available) that can take an idea from concept to finished product. You’ll be leading the design and development of systems that require complex user interaction and fast, responsive interfaces. You’ll also need to work closely with their engineering team to ensure that proper technologies and best-practices are in place to deliver an optimal user experience. As a UI/UX Designer you’ll also have an opportunity to shape internal design practices, front-end development methodologies, and work on our in-house and open source software projects.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create concepts, wireframes, user flows, and final designs for large data and geospatial applications.
- Write and maintain front-end code for large data and geospatial applications.
- Work with engineering and project management to properly architect new software projects and features
- Develop front-end coding standards and best practices for your current project and contribute those ideas to the company as a whole.
- Advocate for the overall design and user experience of software projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar field of study from an accredited university preferred (but not required!)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong visual and user interface design skills
- 1-2 years of experience in React and Node.js
- 1-2 years of experience with Git (or another SCM tool) and build tools like Gulp, Grunt, and Webpack
- Basic understanding of programming languages and frameworks like Python, Ruby, and Rails
- Experience with mapping and geospatial front-end development (Leaflet, GeoJSON, etc) a big plus
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. At this time, client will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
A Little More Info on the Client:
Paying attention to who we are–as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is our primary focus. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
You’ll get credit when things go right and we’ll have your back when things go wrong.We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say. We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that’s you!
<< New text box >>