Location: El Segundo, CA
1 Mid-Level with 3-4 years’ experience
1 Senior-Level with 6-10+ years’ experience
This company is one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire and cable, including optical fiber. Since 1940, we have grown our product portfolio to include specialty and filtered connectors, contacts, cable assemblies, complex harnesses, racks, trays and installation kits. In addition to our vast product breadth, we provide our customers a higher level of support by offering engineering and certification services for the commercial aerospace, military and defense electronics, industrial, test & measurement, and medical industries.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits packet.
This position requires an outstanding working knowledge of mechanical/electrical principles and geometric tolerance combined with basic CAD and drafting skills along with an understanding of screw machine & cold head fabrication. Evaluating engineering input from customers and specifications, utilize Autodesk Mechanical and AutoCAD Inventor to prepare all necessary mechanical drawings and 3D models of connector assemblies and their components. Accurately calculate component surface areas and enter BOM's and process planning into configuration control system. Capable of understanding and learning how to perform the specific validation and verification testing methods associated with our product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare all required engineering output necessary to manufacture or quote new products including but not limited to layout, sketches, 3D models, flat files, drawings, item masters, BOM's and process planning.
- Oversees or performs validation and verification testing as necessary.
- Supports customer service and manufacturing as required.
- Process engineering change orders when necessary.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing information and installation of assemblies.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports and other related written documents as required.
- Assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototypes and models.
- Support plant quality initiatives
- Support plant cost improvement objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Physical Demands:
o This position is primarily a sedentary office position working in a controlled, quiet office environment. While performing duties of this position, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach, and/or bend.
o This position uses a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
o This position may be subject to interruptions that may cause a change in immediate priorities and/or work focus.
o May occasionally lift and/or move up files or boxes up to 20 pounds.
o May be subjected to occasional irregular or extended work hours.
o Must be able to work in an environment that may be subject to occasional loud noises, hazardous materials and chemicals.
*Other duties may be assigned*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated program management knowledge & skills
- Must have experience with Electrical Contacts industry
- Familiarity with connector/contact manufacturing, testing, and qualification processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAE AS39029.
- Able to use experience and ability to design and analyze complex electromechanical assemblies.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing, materials, finishes, and processes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to work proactively and independently to support department objectives.
- Basic knowledge of computer aided design applications: Autodesk Mechanical and AutoCAD Inventor.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.